- Beryl var. Aquamarine with Muscovite
- Pingwu beryl mine, Mount Little Xuebaoding, Pingwu Co., Sichuan, China
- Small Cabinet, 5.8 x 5.7 x 4.8 cm
- Ex. William (Bill) Larson
- $2,750.00 Payment Plan Available
A fine small cabinet specimen showcasing the finest quality you could want in a Chinese aquamarine, with sharp form and gemminess both. The major crystal atop is 4.5 cm across, complete all around 360 degrees, and so gemmy that you can read through it. For the class of size, and for the attractive matrix composition, this is an excellent specimen. Most older examples like this were burned in acid to try to clean them, and it gives the muscovite mica matrix a burnt gray look. Not here... this has a natural, somewhat shimmery and natural color to the mica. The piece is complete all around and comes from the briefly held Larson China collection case, some of which got sold while the beryls slipped over into the company collection. It is likely an older piece from the 1990s or early 2000s.