- Cassiterite with Muscovite
- Kin, Kin Zone, Mandalay Region, Myanmar (Burma)
- Miniature, 3.5 x 3.0 x 2.8 cm
- Ex. William (Bill) Larson
- $1,750.00 Payment Plan Available
Jet-black color, complex growth forms and high submetallic luster sum up this sparkly and pretty miniature sized specimen of cassiterite from a highly unusual location! Rarely do we see Cassiterite specimens from a pegmatite anyways, let alone Burmese pegmatites, and this is a good one with numerous parallel growth forms, sharp edges along with lustrous crystal faces. The association with silvery white blades of Muscovite provides additional contrast and aesthetics. This is startling as a locality specimen! If it came from anywhere else but Larson's collectiono, purchased on the ground in Burma, I would find it hard to believe that it is not Chinese.