- Corundum var. Ruby with Scapolite
- Awpadan Mine, Mogok Valley, Mogok Township, Pyin-Oo-Lwin District, Mandalay Region, Myanmar (Burma)
- Miniature, 5.0 x 3.3 x 3.0 cm
- Ex. William (Bill) Larson
- $12,500.00 Payment Plan Available
This is an unusual Ruby featuring a mix of colors from red to pink, hot pink, magenta, and a bit of purple! It is, nevertheless, a Ruby. You can tell by the amazing waxy luster, so characteristic of a Mogok Ruby crystal. The piece is a complete floater, crystallized all around with very complex intergrowths of unusual style. It is accented by small off-white crystals of Scapolite, a bizarre association that makes for a great contrast here. From the Larson Burma collection. It has a mass of 43.4 grams.