- Cuprian Smithsonite, pseudo. after Cerussite
- Tsumeb Mine, Otjikoto Region, Namibia
- Small Cabinet, 7.3 x 4.7 x 3.5 cm
- Ex. Shields and Frances Flynn
- $6,000.00 Payment Plan Available
This specimen represents one of the classics that Tsumeb has produced, when smithsonite casts and replaces a previous mineral. In this case, it is a gorgeous pseudomorph, with a pleasing color and great aesthetics: a sharp "V" twin of cerussite, measuring 3 cm across, has been replaced by lustrous, mint-green, cuprian smithsonite! A rare and beautiful example of Tsumeb's unique chemistry and plumbing, that has resulted in so many interesting replacements simply not found elsewhere. This is a 360-degree, complete, display worthy specimen that is not like others you see. Also, it can be trimmed a little on the right side, to make it a more balanced miniature of approx 2 inches width, if desired.