- Cobaltoan Dolomite "Cast" after Calcite
- Tsumeb Mine, Otjikoto Region, Namibia
- Cabinet, 10.4 x 7.6 x 3.6 cm
- Ex. Shields and Frances Flynn
- $5,000.00 Payment Plan Available
A Tsumeb classic, not seen from anywhere else in the world like this. Highly lustrous and with a glorious, strong pink-magenta color, this cobalt-rich dolomitic cast is an intense color for the varietal. It is thought to be formed as a cast after calcite (or perhaps another generation of dolomite). Usually pale and pastel, this is as rich a color as we have ever seen. It is also unusually sparkly! Large size, excellent 3-dimensional form, and color make this one of the superlative examples of the style.