- Chalcocite (rare for locality!)
- Tsumeb Mine, Tsumeb, Oshikoto Region, Namibia
- Small Cabinet, 6.2 x 5.1 x 4.5 cm
- Ex. Shields and Frances Flynn
- $1,800.00 Payment Plan Available
A rarity for Tsumeb, and highly sought after as a species in general, these well-developed Chalcocites occupy two vugs within a microcrystalline sulphide matrix. The complex and lustrous crystals reach up to 1.2 cm, and they have excellent striations along the sharp faces. A number even have a lovely, blue, iridescent patina, which is a highly-desired characteristic of Chalcocite. Overall, this is an abundant and representative Chalcocite specimen for this important locality.