- Smithsonite var. Cobaltian
- Tsumeb Mine, Otjikoto Region, Namibia
- Small Cabinet, 8.2 x 6.5 x 2.4 cm
- Ex. Shields and Frances Flynn
- $6,000.00 Payment Plan Available
A DEEPLY COLORED specimen with unusually robust color and crystal shape, both. Slightly curved, lustrous and translucent, pink crystals of cobaltoan smithsonite to 1.8 cm across totally cover a shallow vug of a black sulfides matrix. A few of the larger crystals are also doubly terminated. It is MUCH more impressive in person than it appears in flat photos and somehow has a "presence" to it that most of these lack. It is pristine, and glorious on a shelf. Probably from the 1970s or early 1980s, and very rare today.