A rich piece for the locality, with a wonderful old label: This is a tight aggregate of glistening, crystallized native gold (var. electrum) with a very significant and interesting provenance! The cluster itself measures 2.7 x 2.8 x 0.6 cm and is set adroitly on drusy quartz. Crystals average 1mm, with a few individual crystals to 3.5mm. The Ignacio Gaspar Sintes label indicates the piece originated at one point from the National Museum of Hermannstadt (now Brukenthal National Museum) where it belonged to the museum's curator, J. M. Ackner (historic labels from both collections are included). Ignacio's notes also denote that the piece previously belonged to Baron Brukenthal who was governor of the area between 1777 and 1787. Mining at this deposit dates back to the Roman Empire. An EDS analysis is also included (showing that this is electrum). A very nice piece with great provenance and historical significance, it displays well.