- Diaphorite (Type Locality)
- Pribram, Central Bohemia Region, Bohemia, Czech Republic
- Small Cabinet, 6.6 x 4.7 x 2.6 cm
- Ex. Swedish Museum of Natural History
- $4,200.00 Payment Plan Available
This is an incredibly good and very historic specimen of diaphorite from the type locality at Pribram! Diaphorite is a rare lead-silver-antimony sulfosalt and this piece displays a very fine, 8 mm cluster of diaphorite crystals composed of highly lustrous, metallic and striated crystals that display prominently on drusy quartz that partially covers a sphalerite matrix. A perfect and bright, 3 mm galena cluster is situated just a centimeter away. Rare and excellent old-time material, impossible to find on the market, and a true antique treasure. Ex. Swedish National Museum with number on the specimen (200067) and ex. Leif Engman collection with label and notes. I have seen lesser pieces at higher prices, for crystals so sharp as this.