- Cassiterite (rare locality)
- Cryo-Genie Mine, Warner Springs, San Diego County, California, USA
- Miniature, 3.5 x 2.7 x 2.4 cm
- Ex. William (Bill) Larson
- $1,450.00 Payment Plan Available
Here's a real rarity that you seldom see from the County. This sharp, twinned, lustrous, sparkling cluster of cassiterite crystals, 79 grams, is such a thing. It is actually VERY large for any San Diego locality cassiterite piece, and it is good enough that it can fit into any suite of fine miniatures, USA or otherwise. But for a USA-origin cassiterite miniature, it would be hard to get better. From the important and long held personal San Diego County Collection of William "Bill" Larson, longtime owner of the Himalaya Mine, discoverer of the famous Queen Mine BlueCap pocket, and numerous other San Diego mining projects over the last 60 years and more. Obtained directly from Ken and Dana Gochenour, mine owners, in the early 2000s.